Tuesday, November 27, 2007

#23 THE END!

What have I learned?

Heaps. This has been a wonderful excuse to actually have a go at things I've been hearing about for ages and I intend to keep at least some things going.

On my definitely list:
My blog
Bloglines
Del.icio.us
Librarything
Wikis
Zoho

On my occasionally list:
Flickr
Image generators
YouTube

On my interesting but not me list:
Rollyo
Technorati

The really hard thing is going to be keeping the learning going, signing up and giving things a go just because you can. Hopefully L2.0 has made everyone braver about this, I know I am. There is also the questions of how we are going to use some of this stuff out there in libraryland. There are some wonderful possibilities - a del.icio.us account instead of bookmarked favourites on the Ref desk, a wiki instead of a paper manual, a Librarything "staff are reading" instead of a flyer and the possibilites just go on and on.

I'm going to be watching library websites with great interest to see how far the ripples spread.

No comments: